Czech Republic has always been attractive for international productions, especially thanks to its film infrastructure, the diversity of nature, numerous historical monuments, as well as high quality of Czech film crews. Czech Republic's exteriors offer a wide scale of possibilities. The geographical position in the middle of Europe is an added value, making it easy to promptly move to whichever place in Europe.
Incentives. What you need to know.
The Czech incentives scheme offers filmmakers cash rebates on qualifying Czech and international spend.
- Applies to film and TV, including all post-production work
- 20% rebate on qualifying Czech spending
- Up to 10% rebate on qualifying international spend (calculated as 66% rebate on withholding tax paid in the Czech Republic by international cast & crew)
- Minimum expenditure levels and cultural test required
- No cap on per-project grant, no sunset date
Attractive sets. Let yourself be inspired.
Czech Republic offers a wide scale of locations suitable for film industry. Examples of interesting locations including the distance from Barrandov Studio.
Český Krumlov (174 km / 108 mi.) – Telč (160 km / 100 mi.) – Olomouc (283 km / 176 mi.) – Rábí (127 km / 79 mi.) – Trosky (109 km / 68 mi.) – Pernštejn (194 km / 120 mi.) – Hazmburk (72 km / 45 mi.) – Kuks (141km / 88 mi.) – Konopiště (50 km / 31 mi.) – Lednice (255 km / 160 mi.) – Křivoklát Castle (62 km / 39 mi.) – Hluboká Chateau (146 km / 91 mi.)
Orlík nad Vltavou (88 km / 55 mi.) – Velká Amerika quarry (20 km / 12 mi.) – Adršpašsko-teplické skály / Adršpach-Teplice Rocks (182 km / 113 mi.) – Prachovské skály / Prachov Rocks (99 km / 62 mi.)